Candidate Frequently Asked Questions

Home / Careers / Candidate Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to have claims handling experience to work for Worley?

Worley is always seeking new claims and customer service professionals to support and staff the growing needs of our business. Worley desires individuals who are bright and confident with strong computer, written and verbal communication skills.  With this core skillset our Training Team can provide new talent with the instruction and guidance to develop the claims representative skillset.

Once I have completed the application process, how do I remain active on Worley’s roster?

Due to the ever changing nature of the industry, Worley recommends that candidates keep their profile updated with their availability, licenses and contact information.  Worley also requests that candidates respond to our communications in a timely manner and provide us with the information we are requesting.

How long do assignments last?

The duration of assignments differs from assignment to assignment.  There are many factors that determine the length of an assignment.  Factors include: type of assignment, client, client’s needs, employee performance, and employee licenses.

How will I be compensated?

Compensation structure is determined by the classification of the employee’s position.  Exempt employees are compensated on a salary or salary plus commission basis.  Non-exempt employees are compensated hourly.  Compensation structure is communicated to candidates when extended an offer of employment for a specific position and assignment.

How much will I get paid?

Compensation varies depending on the roles and responsibilities of the position, length of assignment and location of the assignment.

Where is Worley located?

Worley operates from four primary regional offices: Hammond, LA (corporate headquarters), Fishers, IN, Farmers Branch/Dallas, TX and Charlotte, NC.

What licenses do I need?

Professional licensing requirements vary and are based on the scope of the requirements for the position.

Insurance claims professionals providing adjusting services are required to hold an adjusters license (non-public adjuster) for their home state.  If the home state of the adjuster does not require or offer an adjusters license, the adjuster will need to designate a state as their “designated home state” license. Adjuster licenses are also required for each licensing state in which the adjuster provides services.  Please note, adjusters providing auto adjusting services will also be required to obtain property damage auto appraisal licenses for states requiring both adjusting and appraiser licenses for adjusters.

Insurance claims professionals providing appraisal services are required to hold an appraisal license for their home state.  Appraiser licenses are also required for each licensing state in which the appraiser provides services.

Worley recommends that insurance claims professionals obtain the following licenses to provide them the best opportunity for employment. Licenses are listed in the order in which they have been needed most often for work handling field and centralized (in office) claims assignments.

Tier 1

  • Adjuster’s Home State
  • Texas
  • Florida
  • Louisiana
  • Oklahoma
  • South Carolina
  • North Carolina
  • Kentucky
  • Minnesota
  • New Mexico
  • New Hampshire
  • Mississippi
  • Georgia
  • Alabama
  • New York

 Tier 2

  • Arkansas
  • Arizona
  • Michigan
  • Oregon
  • Washington

Depending upon deployment needs and the course of weather-related events, other licenses may be required. It is incumbent upon each candidate to make themselves as deployable as possible.

How do I obtain an Adjuster License?

Worley recommends that individuals contact the Department of Insurance for the state in which they are seeking licensure.